Wherever you are travelling to, you are bound to have a number of options when it comes to getting there. Whereas some people choose to drive themselves, those who can’t or don’t want to usually choose to take public transport or book a taxi. There are compelling arguments for doing both, but the benefits of booking a taxi are undeniable.
- Convenient Door to Door Service - Whether you are catching a bus into town or taking a train halfway across the country, you always have the job of getting to and from the station. Unless you live close by, this can add time and energy onto your journey. When you book a taxi, you can enjoy the convenience of a door to door service.
- Reduced Risk of Delays - Whether it’s a cancelled train or a bus that is stuck in traffic, there is a high chance of a public transport delay disrupting your journey. When you book a taxi, delays are unlikely. A professional taxi driver will pick you up in plenty of time and factor in any possible traffic or hold ups, to ensure you reach your destination on time.
- Easier to Manage with Luggage or Shopping - Navigating public transport with luggage, shopping or small children can be stressful. Not only do you run the risk of not having enough hands to carry everything, but there is no guarantee that you will have space to store it during your journey. Booking a taxi allows you to place your items in the boot, relax and forget about them.
- Enjoyable Whatever the Weather - Regardless of the weather, a taxi is a comfortable and dry way to travel. This cannot be said for public transport, which could see you standing in the rain waiting for a bus or sitting on a cold train platform.
- 24/7 Service - There are very few public transport services that run though the night and those that do are usually somewhat limited. However, taxis in the UK offer a 24/7 service. You can travel at any time of the day or night, and on any day of the week, at a time that works for you. You are not bound by timetables or reduced night services.
- Reasonably Priced Especially When Split - A lot of people assume that taxis are a more expensive way to travel, but this is not always the case. Many taxis - especially those that are prebooked or booked online - are reasonably priced. They can even be as low cost as public transport if you travel as a group and split the fare.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons to choose booking a taxi over taking public transport. Though public transport is often the slightly cheaper way to travel, the convenience and flexibility of a taxi service cannot be denied.
Posted: January 26, 2022